We just got off of a full Mothers day weekend and I want to wish all the mama’s grinding away this fine Monday and each and every day, Happy Happy Mother’s Day and thank you for all that you do. ( I love you MAMA)
I also want to encourage you that you are doing so good and continue making the difference in your family in your home and to all those surrounding you! You are amazing!
It can be pretty overwhelming. You are expecting your first baby to arrive soon and you are starting the next chapter of your new life, caring for your newborn. That is a lot to process mentally, then physically carry and deliver your baby. All you want is the best for you little one when you come home to a beautifully prepared oasis for yourself and new bundle of joy. Your nursery.
I remember walking down the baby aisle at Target half way into my first pregnancy just feeling MANY emotions (as many pregnant ladies do) I had ALL THE FEELS. Yes,I was excited and happy but I felt lost, super overwhelmed, and unprepared seeing the amount of baby products out there. There was an endless selection of diapers, pumps, creams, nursery items, and many many other products I didn’t know existed or had knowledge of until after giving birth to Naomi. I would read magazines catered to new moms and still have the same question at the end, ” But, WHAT DO I ACTUALLY NEED?”
Besides the basics of your nursery your crib, changing station, rocking chair what are the everyday things you just can’t do without?
I’m going to go on a rant real quick…good luck picking your stroller because OMG there are SO many to choose from! But we went with Uppa baby from many recommendations and we love it! We got the Vista model and its fantastic. We went for a convertible stroller because we saw that it will last us through multiple kids and hold multiple kids which we do now! It’s the stroller that grows with you and is customizable to your liking. It was a higher end purchase among our baby purchases but we absolutely love it and use it everyday and have only had a positive experience with the brand.
Oh…one more thought, and your choice of diaper brands. I love Honest diapers with the mission behind the brand how adorable they are and stuff, until I found out that we go through up to 10 diapers a day and that quickly changed our minds to see so much money literally going into the garbage can. Coming from my experience we ended up using Huggies with Naomi as she was a long and lean baby and with Chloe only Pampers fit just right around her chubbiness.
They say it all depends on your baby and each baby is different, that is actually true. That is why we have SO much to choose from!
With all that was at my disposal then and now & with what I’ve experienced so far with fist and second baby…
Here are my 10 must have for new moms
- The Diaper Genie: It really works! I tried as much as possible to have the minimalist look in our nursery and with baby gear in general. I was skeptical on this one until I realized I couldn’t go on without it! Its sleek, super convenient & odor proof! It fits lots of diapers, you will surely need it.
- Stretchy cover for car seat & nursing. I love these stretchy covers. Its so useful for nursing. Unlike other covers this one doesn’t fall off or flap with the wind. It breathes, its light and it doubles as a great car seat cover. They come in many cute & fun prints like this one!
- Mustella products: baby shampoo, lotion & cleansing wash. Its my favorite for its gentle formula, mild scent & the cleansing wash is a good alternative to a sponge bath.
- Lansinoh nursing pads & Lanolin cream This was a huge life savor for a nursing mom. (A whole other world opened up with having your first baby and subject I will write about in a later post.)I love the light and super absorbent pads & the super helpful cream to help with nursing.
- Bourdeas Butt Cream Its my favorite for diaper rashes The thickest formula I’ve tried and it really sticks to your babies butt!
- Rock n’ Play Its been a life savor! A great alternative place to put your baby for naps and as a bassinet for a short while. Especially if your baby likes to be held in your arms for sleep and it helps with acid reflex. We have the automatic rocking options and sounds I’d recommend the extras. It’s super light and folds easy for travel. We absolutely love this thing!
- Colic Calm The handy helper when you have tried it all and your baby just needs help calming down. It helps gas and colic in babies. Its homeopathic and we call it the magic sauce. It really works! Ask your pediatrician before use for uses and dose info.
- Diaper changing pad liner Where were you all my life?! I only got this with my second it has saved me countless times when diaper changes go rouge. I haven’t had to wash our pretty changing cover once in these 4 months of use.
- baby swing (We use the Craddle & Swing) Which ever one you go with just get one! As much as we love rocking and holding our littles we need a break too. It is just perfect for naps and its another safe place for your baby to be entertained in for many months of pure baby bliss.
- Bath sponge cushion. This one is so simple yet so functional. I love that its so soft, keeps baby warm during the bath, and its is so economical. The contoured shape forms to your little one perfectly. For bath time we tried all the fancy-shmancy products and we would come back to this one every time!
Technically speaking only you need a 3 things to be ready for your baby: a crib, blanket, an outfit & yourself (for breastfeeding). That is how I imagine its been since the beginning of time. But of course now we want all the creature comforts for our baby and ourselves and ONLY the best for our little ones. And that is good. I am so grateful for the time we live in because we are just too BLESSED with how good we live.
With all that in mind I hope my top ten baby must haves were helpful or insightful for your baby registry, or add-ons to your current baby repertoire, and that these things make your day to day baby life just a little easier!
Thank you so much for reading my mommy blogger post!
Share, like and subscribe to my blog!
Follow me via facebook, instagram and all other social medias listed on the home page!
My cute babies ❤