Hold on. No bake cookies? That are good for me? Well… everything in moderation but these are simple wholesome ingredients that make these a more guilt-free dessert!
They only add up to about 79 cal a piece!
What I love most about them is that they take 5 min to make & only ONE POT to dirty up & help make them known also as “boiled cookies” … easy clean up, no baking required only a stove top and fridge required!
Great for that dorm life while you can even microwave the base & add the dry ingredients! Its that easy!
They are disappearing from my freezer stash every time I make them! This is a SUPER EASY RECIPE! PLUS they are good for you!
They have been a hit around here & have become the summer staple we love! With my simple recipe can be your base to your own topping preferences with various nuts, seeds, nut butters & dried fruit the options are endless. I like to add crispy quinoa to give it a crunch factor!
Time: 5 min Calories: 79 Servings: 12
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup Old Fashion Oats
1/4 cup coconut oil
3 TBS cocoa powder
1/4 maple syrup
3 TBS shredded unsweetened coconut
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp Hemp seeds
1 TBS shredded coconut
- IN a medium sauce pan add your coconut oil, peanut butter & vanilla. Stir on medium heat until the ingredients melt together & are simmering. Bring the stove to a lower heat.
- Add the coco powder and stir in until all incorporated without any clumps.
- Add in the dry ingredients, the oats, shredded unsweetened coconut, crispy quinoa, hemp seeds, walnuts etc, (whatever your heart desires).
- Remove from heat & stir.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper using cookie scoop. Scoop in rows (makes about 12). Press down with scoop to flatten & top with extra coconut shreds & hemp seeds.
- Place in fridge or freezer until solidified. Store in freezer & ENJOY!
Thank you so much for reading my blog! Like, share & follow by subscribing to everythingunderthesun.blog via homepage.
This cauliflower pizza crust will fool you for the real thing! Only 5 ingredients to the perfect crispy, yes CRISPY cauliflower crust! This recipe stands out from other because its less ‘eggy’ & less ‘soggy’ as I’ve read many people complain including myself about with similar recipes. (Side note: my husband can attest to this but I do not like soggy food of any kind) The component that binds this all together is a favorite non-dairy cheese I love to cook with. GOAT CHEESE! Particularly chevre with herbs. One package of goat cheese (8 oz) to two cauliflower heads is the secret to the CRISPY CRUST. I fooled my family with when telling them its not your average pizza crust!
This recipe makes 2 crusts! Use one & freeze the other!
We love to have family pizza night! Its defiantly a family favorite we can eat any time of week. I’ve experimented with many recipes and now have made my own variation of the best cauliflower crust I’ve tried!
Here are the step by step instructions for the crust.
2 heads of Cauliflower
1 8oz package of chevre herb goat cheese
3 cloves of garlic chopped
Salt & Pepper
- Make cauliflower “rice”
- You can buy this at Trader Joes (2 packages of cauliflower rice) or two large cauliflower heads.
- To make your own you need two heads of cauliflower. Washed, dried, few pulses in processor until it looks like rice.
- Boil the “Rice” until soft
- Tip: add salt to the water (a pinch or two) & roughly chopped garlic cloves. They will soften and give more flavor to the cauliflower. It will then blend in with the cauliflower to add a layer to this garlicky herb crust!
- Drain the water into strainer cheese cloth.
- Transfer into cheese cloth. (MOST IMPORTANT STEP!)
- LET COOL a few minutes in freezer or fridge.
- STRAIN ALLLL THE WATER OUT! Put some elbow grease into it. Lots & lots of squeezing making the cauliflower as dry as possible. THIS IS CRUCIAL!
- Your cauliflower should be soft enough to be able to mold and not an “aldente”texture. Otherwise it will be chunky in the crust and not blend well with other ingredients!
- In a bowl add the dough, the goat cheese, some salt & pepper, & your 2 eggs.
- Mix mix mix! Don’t be afraid to use your hands to incorporate this very well so you have an even texture.
- On a baking sheet lined with Parchment paper take half the dough into a ball and spread into a circle or square shape about 1/2 cm thick and spread even!
- Try not to squish too thin or it can fall apart. EVEN SPREAD IS BEST RESULTS. About 1/3 centimeter thick.
- Take the other half & place in plastic wrap. Freeze for next time!
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 min.
- Each oven is different so keep an eye out!
- It should be golden brown and when poked with a toothpick clean & a crispy texture!
There are dozens on topping combos! I love to add a drizzle of tomato sauce, arugula, bell peppers, caramelized onion, and very light amount of mozzarella & Parmesan. Also bacon wouldn’t hurt! This combination was what I had in the fridge at the time. I seem to love cooking with whats at hand. So many unexpected ingredients make some creative & tasty meals!
Cut & serve! It withstands the test of holding it without ingredients falling off and it tastes nothing like cauliflower!
Thank you for reading my blog! Like, follow & share everthingunderthesun.blog by entering your email & never miss a post.